Wedding & Special Events Coordinator
The Ranch wedding/event coordinator is familiar with the Ranch staff, grounds, meeting spaces, menus, inventory and general guidelines to assist you with creating a unique and memorable occasion. This service includes pre-event consultation, planning and on-site service coordination throughout your event to ensure a smoothly run experience. An event guide is developed for the day of the event and is shared with the hosts and key service providers. Services exclude the physical setting up, décor, and decorations for ceremony and dance hall.
Contract Information & Event Insurance
A signed contract is necessary for all functions held at Westerbeke Ranch. The contract requires an initial deposit and details the cancellation and payment policies. You will also need event insurance that can be obtained through your homeowners or business policies. Wedsafe, Private Event Insurance, and The Event Helper have websites that offer a private option.
Cleaning & Breakage Fee
Cleaning and breakage fees are to cover excessive cleaning and damages, which will be assessed immediately after departure.
Service Charge & Sales Tax
An 20% service charge will be added to the service, lodging, and meal portion of your event. NOTE: The State of California has determined that mandatory “service charges” are taxable but non-mandatory “gratuities” are not. California sales tax will be applied to the food and service charge portion of your final invoice. Local occupancy tax will also be applied to the lodging portion of your final invoice. These charges cannot be precisely determined until departure as they are based on consumption and items actually purchased.
You might consider the service of babysitters. Bringing your own, whom your children already know and are comfortable with, is best. If you cannot bring your own babysitter please contact the Ranch office for a local referral. We understand that children are a part of family celebrations, all we ask is that you follow these simple guidelines in order to ensure the children’s safety and comfort.
Children must always be supervised by an adult.
Parents/supervisors must clean up after their children.
No children are allowed in, or around, the hot tub or pool without an adult.
No crayons, paints, chalk, play dough, etc. as children’s activities.
Even though there is plenty of parking available at Westerbeke Ranch, we encourage carpooling. Please advise your guests to ride share.
Guest Occupancy, Maximum
Overnight accommodations maximum: 52 guests. Talk with us about other options.
Event maximum: 120 guests
The Events Coordinator will work with you to determine what you will need to rent once you have designed your ceremony, meal, and dancing plans. Please remember that heaters are sometimes needed during early spring and late fall events.
Indulge yourself with a relaxing and therapeutic massage by one of our professional staff. These services can be arranged directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to confirm whether you have any disabled guests, especially those in wheelchairs. We have two special parking areas, and one accessible bedroom with toilet and temporary ramps. Since the Ranch was constructed in the 1930’s, and is located on a hillside, we have limited access, especially for overnight accommodations. We need to know this information prior to your arrival.
Coffee, tea, and juices at breakfast, and lemonade and iced teas are included with your weekend package. You can order your alcoholic beverages directly through us or you can bring your own. Let us know which you prefer to do. We can only accept delivery of your beverages beginning the Monday prior to your wedding/event. Please mark your beverage boxes indicating your last name, date of event and which meal they are to be served with, so that we do not inadvertently mix them with our own and we’ll know when they are to be served.
Family, friends, and word of mouth is usually the best way to find an officiant. Be sure you are comfortable with the officiant’s style and approach to marriage and relationships, and your officiant needs to be licensed to do the honors. Please remember that the actual ceremony, and the timing of the wedding service, will be orchestrated by you and your officiant and it is important to relay that to them prior to your rehearsal.
Wedding Cake Bakeries
Even though we cannot make your wedding cake, our chef can provide a lovely dessert buffet and you may bring a “ceremonial” cake to cut. If you would like a wedding cake, we recommend the following local bakeries:
Scandia Bakery 707-938-5820
Triple Bee Bakery 707-858-8511
Your Sweet Expectations 707-285-2013
Here are some fine local photographers who are not only familiar with the Ranch but offer a wonderful range of artistic talents:
Paige Green (707) 775-8048
Art & Clarity (707) 257-1166
Mad & Moonly (510) 599-4020
Jenn Byrne (503) 706-9519
Dustin Cantrell Photography (661) 345-2451
Decor & Floral Designs
You will need personal flowers for the wedding party and the ceremony. Some people have floated various flowers in our pool. Since we have a “lip” on the edge of our pool, we cannot have free-floating lit candles in the pool unless they are contained inside something that prevents the candle from floating under the lip and burning it. We recommend the following local florists and highly suggest that you use their services.
Lavender Floral (800) 566-9901
Pedy’s Petals (707) 595-4458
Daisy Rose (707) 337-3260
Jane’s Roses (415) 773-0777
SF Balloon Magic (415) 970-3317
Via Selva (415) 323-9500
Acoustical music can be played indoors or out, but amplified music and microphones are not allowed, and all music must conclude by 10:00 PM. We have very strict guidelines set forth by the Sonoma County Permit and Resource Management Department and need to adhere to their quiet by 10:00 PM ordinance. Please refer to our “Event Music & Drumming Guidelines” form for more clarification. The following musicians can offer types of music that are well suited to the environs of Westerbeke Ranch. iPods and CD’s are simple and add a personal touch to music at your celebration. If you would like to use a DJ for your event, here are a couple that we recommend.
Nick Clay, DJ (707) 477-2395
Michael Luna, DJ (707) 795-3115
California NonStop (707) 762-4408
John Piazza, DJ (415) 225-0840
Reminders & Restrictions
- 120 is our maximum number of guests allowed.
- NO amplified music, except for DJ’s, iPods and CD’s, is allowed. Please make sure that anyone providing music for your event reads and returns to us a signed copy of our “Event Music & Drumming Guidelines.” Contact the coordinator about microphones for ceremony and toasts.
- Due to limited parking spaces we ask that you carpool.
- We respect the rural quality of our country road; we request that you not post signs, balloons, or streamers on Grove Street.
- Prior to your event you’ll probably want to come by the Ranch a couple of times to show parents, friends, etc. Please call ahead and make arrangements for this visit. Just dropping by could be inconsiderate to the private group that is here and a busy staff that is not expecting you.
- Please include travel directions to the Ranch in your invitations or refer people to our website.
- Absolutely no hard liquor allowed on the premises.
- No candles or smoking in the cabins or in any building.
- Music must stop precisely at 10:00 PM. Party must conclude by 10:00 PM.
- The pool and hot tub are not available during any part of the wedding ceremony and reception due to the serving of alcoholic beverages. The regular pool and hot tub hours are from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM daily.
- No crayons, paints, chalk, clay, play dough, etc. as children’s activities.
- Pets are not allowed. Service animals are not considered pets.
- Screws, nails, drills or any other attachments to ceiling and walls is strictly prohibited. Push pins and low tack tape are allowed and must be previously arranged with the event coordinator. Remember to allow time to remove any decorations that you put up.
- Cabin check out on your last day is 11:00 AM. Please do a final check for lost and found items at this time.
- Ranch departure is promptly at 1:00 PM. Start gathering your belongings early so that you have time to leave unhurried. Remember your leftover beverages.
- If your final invoice has not been paid prior to your arrival, please allow time on your last day to come to the office to review and make payment. Final payment can be made with cash, check or credit card.
- Please pick up any items left at the Ranch within two weeks of your event. (Send a friend if you’re on your honeymoon!) We are not responsible for lost, forgotten or stolen items.